Friday, January 17, 2014

Knowledge is Great

Indeed! As Stephen Hawking said ‘The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge’, I would like to carry forward this thought to the idea that if you know you’re ignorant, you can strive to gain knowledge; but if you’re in the delusion that you are pretty knowledgeable (when you are not), it sucks. This same thought applies to the selection of the course you want to do.

You never know if you’re in the illusion that you want to do something or you actually want to do that. I think the best way is to sort it out. Well, talking about Britain as the point of discussion is studying in Great Britain. Britain has plenty of amazing universities like Cambridge and Oxford… and students can really die to get a decent degree from any of these universities. But before that, you need to be sorted what course you want to go for. Selection of college comes next.

If you talk about me, I would be pretty interested in doing my MBA from UK. There are plenty of reasons that affect my decision here. But first I think I should be clear enough to answer ‘Why MBA?’.  The major focus is here is to hone your skills for a senior management role. Every business in some way or the other needs management and to do that job well, you need someone with the required skills. And if you don’t have a hands-on experience with that, better to go for an MBA degree. Or if you do have a hands-on experience here, you might want to hone your skills more and more.

Now coming to the point- why MBA in UK? The first point that comes to my mind without any doubt is because of the reputation of the country in the world of business magnates. The other point would be the choice it gives you in terms of the time interval you want to choose to complete your MBA. Quite a reason for me or for many who have quite much experience in the business world!

And last but not the least- which college? This one is quite easy in fact. I would definitely like to do it from London Business School.  It kills two birds with one stone for me. I’ve always been in awe of London. This is the city that I would like to explore, see and cherish. And doing MBA from London would serve that purpose very well. The other reasons are quite academic. Of course, the exceptional credentials of this business school play the foremost role here. Ranked best in the world, the school is renowned for its world class events. The respectable degree that it provides is surely a plus-point here.


Hope you agree with me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment